miércoles, 20 de enero de 2010

Adiós Monketown!


Yesterday Aaron and I tried to go to see a gig, one of those noise artsy performances. I forgot my camera, again! It was at this place called Monkeytown, which is my favorite venue ever! and it is going to be closed maybe forever (I hope not) this weekend.
For the people who didn't have the experience of visiting it, it is the most intimate and comfortable place to see any band or performer, oh yes and a restaurant/bar at the front. The room where the shows take place is a square with 4 giant screens each with a projector, under the screens there are soft couches and short tables. It is not a cheap place, but it is worth it, believe me. You can order drinks or dinner while the musicians play in the center, surrounded by people. Best place ever, so sad it is closing.

I forgot to mention that the restrooms paintings/deco are very smart and voyeuristic. There are security video cams looking at you made with Sharpie. <3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario